Ultimate Motorsport Competition Terms and Conditions
To win the ultimate motorsport experience at Indianapolis
Terms and conditions for participation in the “Truck assist ULTIMATE motor sport experience” COMPETITION
1) The Truck Assist motor sport experience competition (the "Competition") is conducted by NTI Limited ABN 84 000 746 109 AFSL 237246 (the “Promoter”), of Level 36 300 George Street, Brisbane in the state of Queensland 4000. Phone: 1800 827 747.
2) All instructions for entry and prize(s) information is set out in these terms and conditions by the Promoter. By making or attempting to make an Eligible Purchase, entrants agree to be entered into the Competition and acknowledge that they have read and accepted these terms and conditions, unless they opt out under clause .
3) The Competition is only open to individuals who:
a) are Australian citizens and residents aged 21 years or older at time of entry;
b) have a current ABN registered under their name; and
c) are not directors, management or employees, or their Immediate Family Members of the Promoter or its related companies, agencies, or other companies associated with, or benefiting from, the Competition, or their Immediate Families ("Eligible Entrant").
4. The Competition commences at midnight 27th October 2022 until 11.59 pm on 31 January 2023 Australian Eastern Standard Time ("AEST") ("Competition Period"). All times specified in these terms and conditions are AEST.
5. In these conditions:
Competition Website means truckassist.com.au/roadside-assistance/ultimate-motorsport-competition
Eligible Roadside Plans means a Value Plan or a Premium Plan offered by the Promoter, and includes an Immediate Use Plan.
Immediate Family Member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
Immediate Use Plan means a Value Plan or Premium Plan purchased by a customer in circumstances where they required immediate roadside service from Truck Assist.
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Competition Period:
a) visit the Competition Website;
b) using their current registered ABN, either:
(i) apply for and receive a new Eligible Roadside Plan from the; or
(ii) renew an existing Eligible Roadside Plan with the Promoter;
(iii) make one payment of the price, or monthly where applicable, for the new or renewed Eligible Roadside Plan,
(each, an "Eligible Purchase").
7. Each type of Eligible Purchase will receive a different number of entries into the Competition draw. The amount of entries into the draw depends on the type of Eligible Roadside Plan that is chosen, and whether the Eligible Entrant purchases a new Eligible Roadside Plan or renews an existing Eligible Roadside Plan. The number of entries an Eligible Entrant will receive into the draw is set out in the table below:
Type of Plans
New Value Plan
(Must be current during Competition Period)
2 entries per vehicle
New Premium Plan
(Must be current during Competition Period)
3 entries per vehicle
Renewal of a Value Plan
(Must be current during Competition Period)
2 entries per vehicle
Renewal of a Premium Plan
(Must be current during Competition Period)
3 entries per vehicle
8. An Eligible Entrant who does not wish to participate in the Competition can opt-out by visiting https://truckassist.com.au/contact or alternatively phone 1800 827 747 and request for their entry to be removed from the draw.
9. There is no cost to enter the Competition. Internet connection and usage rates may apply to access the Competition Website and is borne by the Eligible Entrants.
10. The Promoter is not responsible if an entrant's mobile device, desktop computer or similar electronic device is not sufficiently capable of making an Eligible Purchase or creates any delays in making an Eligible Purchase within the Competition Period.
11. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an Eligible Purchase as invalid or disqualify any entrant if the person tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, purchases an Eligible Roadside Plan that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their Eligible Purchase within the requested time frame up and until the date of the draw, including but not limited to requesting proof to verify an entrant’s identity, vehicle registration, ABN registration, address, email and contact number.
13. There is one prize to be won. The winner will receive a trip for two to the Indy500 in Indianapolis in 2023. This includes return airfares (economy flights) from nearest capital city to nearest city to your destination departing and arrival dates to be advised (travel period), four nights accommodation for the travel period at a hotel rating near the event, three dinners, airport transfers, event transfers and tickets to the Indy500 including access to Andretti United on track hospitality tent, pre-race grid walk, access to Andretti Autosport hospitality at the Indianapolis Speedway for Carb Day and the Indy 500, and an invitation to Andretti Autosport's exclusive 'Event Activity’ and may be subject to change beyond the Promoters control. Any other travel, accommodation and incidental costs are at the expense of the winner and their guest.
14. The prize must be used by the winner and a guest of their choice who must be 21 years and old at the date of departure.
15. The total prize pool is valued at up to $50,000 AUD + GST for the winner and their guest. The prize value is based on the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
16. The winner and their guest must comply with the NTI Travel Code of Conduct during the period of travel.
17. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the Prize to the winner, the winner:
(a) consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image, voice and entry in any marketing and promotion of the Competition, the Promoter or the Promoter's business;
(b) agrees to use the prize in accordance with the Promoter's specified requirements;
(c) agrees that the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash; and
(d) agrees to comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
18. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner including travel insurance. We recommend that you obtain travel insurance for the duration of the travel period.
19. No compensation will be payable if a winner, or where applicable their guest, is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by prize suppliers, such as health, behaviour, age, safety requirements and any other pandemic or force majeure situations), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
20. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason. If the winner does not agree to the substitution despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may substitute the prize the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
21. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
SELECTING A WINNER
22. All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be entered into the prize draw.
23. A manual draw will be held at 9 am Friday 3rd February 2023 at NTI Limited’s Head office at Level 36, 300 George Street, Brisbane Queensland utilising the services of a scrutineer (Auditor) who will act as scrutineer to capture the report for the Competition Period and who will oversee the drawing of the winning entry providing NTI with the Winner’s details. The first valid entry drawn will win the prize.
24. The winner will be notified personally by phone and email by Monday 6 February 2023. The notification will include further information about how to redeem the prize.
25. The name of the winner will be published on the Competition Website by 10 February 2023 for a minimum period of 7 days.
26. The Promoter will confirm in writing the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw at no cost to the winner.
27. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to attend on the event date then the prize is not transferrable to another party nor for another future event.
28. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if:
(a) the prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 9th March 2023; or
(b) the prize is forfeited for any reason; or
(c) the winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win the prize in accordance with these conditions, the prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant through a second chance draw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants.
29. If necessary, a second chance draw will be held on 17 February 2023 at the same time and place as the first draw. The first valid entry drawn will win the prize.
30. The winner will be personally notified by phone and email by 21 February 2023.
31. The name of the winner will be published on the Competition Website by 24 February 2023.
32. The results of any second chance draw will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
33. The Promoter will confirm in writing the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw, at no cost to the winner.
34. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
35. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, and except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter and the companies associated with the conduct of the Competition (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability for any personal injury, or any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winners in connection with the Competition, including:
(a) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to, or by, the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
(b) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
(c) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; and
(d) any use of the prize or any tax liability incurred by the winner as a result of accepting the prize.
36. If, for any reason, this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, pandemics, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
37. If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
38. The winner accepts the prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting the prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
39. The winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in a reasonable amount of promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning the prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
40. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Competition using social media platforms ("Social Media Platform"). However, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Each entrant completely releases the Social Media Platforms from any and all liability in relation to this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Eligible Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to any Social Media Platforms.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
41. The entrants consent to the collection, disclosure and use of personal information by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner (permitted purposes) including the disclosure of personal information to persons assisting the Promoter to conduct the Competition which may involve the disclosure of personal information overseas, including prize suppliers and deliverers, and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname, their business name, and State/Territory of residence to where the gaming authority requires notification and publication to a newspaper. The winner’s name will also be published on the Competition Website.
43. If an Eligible Entrant has consented to receive marketing materials from the Promoter and associated companies (Consenting Entrant), the Promoter and any companies that use the Truck Assist Roadside brand (together, the Companies) may contact the Consenting Entrants from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing) (marketing purposes). The Promoter may collect personal information from that Consenting Entrants and disclose it to the other Companies for marketing purposes. The Companies may disclose the Consenting Entrants' personal information to other parties that provide specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services (Marketing Companies) for the marketing purposes. The Companies or the Marketing Companies may combine the personal information about the Consenting Entrants with the information that the Companies or Marketing Companies already hold about the Consenting Entrants and may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance.
44. Competition permit numbers SA Licence No: T22/1694, NSW Authority Number TP/02240, Permit No ACT TP 22/02050NTI Limited ABN 84 000 746 109 AFSL 237246 .
Read the Roadside Plans on https://www.truckassist.com.au/roadside-assistance to ascertain the Plan that suits your business needs. The information is intended to be of general nature only. We do not accept any legal responsibility for any loss incurred as a result of reliance upon it — please make your own enquiries.
All benefits in this offer are a summary only. Limits, conditions and exclusions apply. For a full description of the benefits and exclusions, please refer to the relevant Plan options to suit your business and vehicles on https://www.truckassist.com.au/roadside-assistance.
Competition conducted by NTI Limited Level 36 300 George Street, Brisbane Queensland 4000. Competition commences at midnight 27th October 2022 and ends 11.59 pm 31 January 2023– Queensland time) (‘Entry Period’). To make the Entry the entrant applying on line needs to be an Australian resident aged 21 years or older at the date of departure. Prizes drawn on 1st February 2023. The winner will be notified by phone and email by between 9 am and 5 pm Queensland time and where required by gaming authority will published in The Australian on the competition website.]
SA Licence No: T22/1694, NSW Authority Number TP/02240, Permit No ACT TP 22/02050